Earthly Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please be advised that there are two new adventures starting now. One is set in the Darkest Age setting, taking place in the Earthly Realms fantasy version of the Eleventh Century. It is called the Tomb of the Sea-Serpent King. The other is set right at the beginning of the Eldritch Flowering, highlighting the events which lead to the rise of magic and faeriedom in Europe during the Late Merovingian period between the seventh and tenth centuries. In general, the rules of most fantasy RPGs apply, although I am adhering strictly to the geography of Earth, and departing from Earth history only slightly in order to produce these settings. Have fun!

Tomb of the Sea-Serpent King

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Tomb of the Sea-Serpent King Empty
PostSubject: Tomb of the Sea-Serpent King   Tomb of the Sea-Serpent King I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:53 am

It is the Year of Our Lord 1007. The characters participating in this adventure begin at the court of Count Othberto of Milan, who along with Arnulf, the Archbishop of Milan, is trying a group of recently-captured outlaws, including the player characters. Your crimes generally fall in line with your major profession: violent crimes for warriors, ecclesiastical violations for Christian priests, idolatry or heresy for non-Christians of any profession, thievery and banditry for thieves, and unlicensed use of magic for wizards and other magic-using types. When describing your character, say of what crime he or she stands accused. The Count holds authority over misdemeanors against Palatine statutes and felonies against Imperial laws (mostly covering the use of magic, but also including treason, murder, and obstruction of imperial justice), while the Archbishop is simultaneously handling any ecclesiastical offenses, and using a rod he holds to detect lies and advise the Count accordingly.
Back to top Go down
https://earthlyrealms.rpg-board.net
Oberon

Tomb of the Sea-Serpent King Empty
PostSubject: Oberon the Elf in the court of Milan   Tomb of the Sea-Serpent King I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Hail and well-met! Oberon the Elf here. I found myself in Milan in the year 1007, in search of a rare ingredient for spells which I heard could be found in Venice. Having spent some years at the monastery of Bobbio, attending my old friend Alanoz during his dying days, I had no knowledge of the changes that had occurred to society in the mean time. Lombardy, once a haven for Fey of all kinds, was now firmly in the grip of the Holy Roman Empire, which meant that the magic I practice was outlawed, and I must never let my elfness show. Though somewhat taxing, I have been traveling in the illusionary guise of a human tinker named Giovanni of Genoa. In Milan, however, I was arrested for Unlawful Use of the Magical Arts after giving a copper piece disguised as a gold piece to a street performer, in order to induce the generosity of the rest of the audience. Now I stand in shackels, awaiting my hearing before the Count and the Archbishop.
Back to top Go down

Tomb of the Sea-Serpent King
Page 1 of 1